Friday 30 December 2011

"ZERO" The Expander


I have found this unique quality of zero. It expands a number so that we can easily know about it. At this moment, it is very obvious Indians can really be appreciated for the discovery of "ZERO". I can pronounce it as a discovery only, since all numbers existed in this world even before humans came. I say this because nature had everything in it. I men the knowledge. And the only beings are the Humans who can absorb this knowledge from Nature. I really like "Nature".

Consider 34^2.

If you square the number using the formula I gave, you get 1156. from this you cant tell that a^2 was 9, 2ab was 24 and b^2 was 16.

Now we will introduce a "Zero" in between that 3 and 4. You will get 304. Now squaring 304 you get 92416. I can say the answer for square of any number like this i.e., when someone asks a 3-digit number with a zero in the middle, I can tell the answer within a second. I feel very nice when such things happen, you know. When you do something great and you get appreciated for it, "IT IS SIMPLY SUPERB".

So lets come back to the field. The square of 304 was 92416. Now, even before I told all about my feelings, weren't you able spot out that from the answer you could directly get a^2 was 9 and so on. That's the thing. A wonder, really a wonder. I use "ZERO" to research on many shortcuts like this.

So whenever I use this Zero, I will mostly use it as an "Expander" or "extractor".

When there was no zero in that 34, you add all the numbers from the tenth digit of the separate parts of the number to the previous number, isn't it? You used to do like that.

I will better explain, you get that 9 24 16 as three parts. If it was 34, I will tell you to add the numbers except the once digit to the previous number and attach the once number. So you will get 114 16 and the final answer would be 1156. When you put a zero in between 3 and 4, i.e., when you square 304, it is enough that you add all the numbers from the hundredth digit. So if it was 24 in the middle you simply attach it.

When you square, 909,

You will get the parts as 81 162 81, So here, you need to add only the hundredth digit to the previous number since there is "0" in the middle. So you easily get the answer as 826281. So easy, just like that, isn't it?


1 comment:

  1. Please clarify you doubts by mailing me. Learn the right way. Just ask me. One more thing, before you read the post about "ZERO", see the other posts. Bcoz I have mentioned about squaring and all, which I would have given previously.

    Regards,

    Harish Chakrawarthy

    ReplyDelete